I have some really exciting news that I can’t wait to share with you all! A super cool, local sustainable apparel brand called Lady Farmer has just launched a sneak peak of their Spring 2018 Essential Collection along with their Kickstarter campaign. I first connected with Lady Farmer in the Spring at a Fashion Revolution event (just after I launched this blog!), and I’m so glad that our paths crossed. They are an inspiring company, and just what this industry needs right now. You can check out my initial blog post about them here. On the Kickstarter page, I recommend watching their video and checking out the pictures of their Essential Line collection to get an idea of which garments you would like to pre-order. The Lady Farmer kickstarter is open until October 28, so make sure to get your pledge in well before then!
5 reasons why you should pledge to support Lady Farmer
1. You get to support a local #ladyboss brand. Lady Farmer is based in the greater D.C. area and was founded by a mother-daughter duo, who have a farm in Maryland. So often sustainable brands are based internationally, so it’s very refreshing and exciting to have a local brand tackle these issues!
2. Lady Farmer’s ethics are rooted in sustainability, ethical practices & slow living. One of the co-founders, Mary, says it best on Lady Farmer’s Kickstarter video: “Let your closet reflect your values.” So often our closets don’t even come close to resembling our values…Low quality clothing produced as cheaply as possible, created to fall apart after only a few wears. By supporting Lady Farmer, you have the opportunity to purchase and wear clothing that puts ethics and sustainability first.
3. Farm-to-closet. No, that’s not a typo…But it is a super cute spin on farm-to-table! More often than not, our clothing is produced with toxic chemicals and dyes, which is harmful not only to humans, but to the environment. Lady Farmer’s clothing is plant-based, organic, and produced without toxic chemicals or dyes! #goals
4. You can pledge any amount to the Kickstarter, and no amount is too small. Even if you’re not ready to buy a garment or to pledge a substantial about of money, you can pledge any amount just to show your support. Literally – you can even pledge $1.
5. Pledging $50+ will get you alllll kinds of Lady Farmer goodies. $50+ means that you will get (at least) 1 Lady Farmer garment, in addition to other fun goodies for slow living mentality. You can see the perks based on pledge amount in the screenshots below:
So what exactly is a Kickstarter campaign?
A Kickstarter campaign is what small or new brands use to raise funds in order to produce their first line. Producing clothing takes $, so brands can use a Kickstarter campaign to get pledges so they know that they will have the funds and interest to make the clothing.
On Kickstarter, if you like a project and want to support it, you can pledge money to the project to make it happen. Kickstarter is all or nothing – so if the project doesn’t reach it’s goal funding level, then you don’t get charged for the amount pledged. If the project succeeds in reaching its funding goal, then you are charged for the amount you pledged when the campaign ends.
So what do you think? Are you interested in pledging to the Lady Farmer kickstarter?